Spiced Almond Latte
I typically take my morning cup of coffee strong and black. However, if I’m feeling fancy I’ll top my morning brew with a little raw cow’s milk (from some local farmers) or with a splash of homemade almond milk. Both taste great and I always welcome the change in routine but when it comes down to it, I really am a black coffee kind of gal. With all that being said, this latte is a game changer. I have a weakness for anything flavored with almond extract and I don’t cook/bake with it nearly enough. This drink is a great way satisfy that almond craving and while I wont drink this every morning (it’s more of a special occasion kind of drink) I am absolutely smitten with this morning beverage. It’s sweet, indulgent and perfect for a dreary morning when the sun doesn’t shine and the snow continues to fall.
When I make homemade lattes I like to add something a little fatty (typically in the form of a nut butter) to help fill me up and give my drink ultra creaminess. I’m less likely to get the jitters if my latte has a spoonful of almond or peanut butter added to the mix. A splash of almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and drizzle of pure maple syrup and I’m good to go. I hope you all love this morning treat as much as I do.
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm.
Spiced Almond Latte
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the milk, spices, and almond butter to a low boil. Once boiling remove from the heat. Pour the milk into a high speed blender and add the almond extract and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Divide coffee between two mugs and top with the milk.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go