If you’re a fan of banana bread than you’ll adore these cookies. The addition of dates, oats and almond flour make these puppies flavorful and nutrient dense. They are great portable snacks and we’ve been bringing a bag of them into the greenhouse so we can munch away whenever hunger strikes while we’re busy seeding.
Taylor’s insisted that I make a double batch next time so he doesn’t feel quite as bad about eating 5 at a time. I’m definitely on it since I’ve been wolfing these down by the handful as well. They are a simple treat and are great dunked into hot coffee early in the morning or simply on their own as a mid afternoon snack. I hope you all love these as much as we do. Happy snacking.
Banana + Date Oatmeal Cookies
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
Serves about 18-20 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Taste test batter and adjust spices if need be.
- Using a Tablespoon size cookie scoop drop small rounded balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake in the oven until lightly browned on the bottom. About 15 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your cookies.
- Let cool on a wire rack before enjoying.
*Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.
*Have fun in the kitchen.