Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower Bowls with Sumac Tahini Sauce
It’s been a while since we’ve had a good “bowl” meal and this roasted veggie dish is on point. The za’atar roasted cauliflower is so darn flavorful it was hard resisting eating the whole sheet pan before we actually sat down to eat. We tossed the crispy cauliflower with some cooked lentils, quinoa and drizzled everything in a zesty sumac tahini sauce. I recently ordered another jar of sumac from my favorite spice shop (Savory Spice) and have been loving having it on hand to sprinkle all all my roasted veggie dishes. Sumac is a key ingredient in the spice mix za’atar and this refreshingly bright dressing was a perfect topper for our grain bowls.
If you precook your quinoa and lentils at the beginning of the week this meal comes together in a flash. Pour a glass of wine and dig in!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm
Za'atar Roasted Cauliflower Bowls with Sumac Tahini Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 35-45 minutes Serves: 4Veggie Bowl
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons za'atar
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and za'atar and place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the cauliflower is tender and browned on all sides, about 30 minutes. Toss the cauliflower halfway through cooking.
- Divide the lentils and quinoa between four bowls and set aside.
- In a small dry skillet toast the almonds until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Shake the pan a few times while toasting. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to handle roughly chop.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. This works best with an immersion blender or small food processor. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed. If the sauce is too thick add a touch more water to thin.
- Divide the cauliflower between the prepped veggie bowls and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and minced parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go *Cooking times will vary from kitchen to kitchen