Sweet Potato Tahini Smoothie
Did you remember to change your clocks? Don’t worry, we forgot too. Thank god for iPhones!
Since we lost an hour of sleep I knew a hearty breakfast was in order. Thankfully, this sweet potato, date & tahini smoothie is putting a spring into our steps. Speaking of spring, we’re officially two weeks away from the first official day! Where is the time going? We’re already feeling behind with farm chores. Ugh.
Anyhow, I want to enjoy the last of the winter bounty before we welcome fresh greens with open arms. I hope you all enjoy this tasty number as much as we do. Grab a straw!
Sweet Potato Date & Tahini
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (about 1 medium-small baked sweet potato OR canned sweet potato)
- 2-3 Medjool dates, pitted (if they're not very moist soak them in hot water for 5 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and whirl away until smooth. Taste test and adjust flavors if necessary.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. *Taste test as you go. *You can substitute the sweet potato with pumpkin, butternut squash or any sweet winter squash of your choice.
I absolutely love this recipe, I’ve only heard of using a sweet potato in a smoothie recently, haven’t tried it yet – I’m looking forward to it!