Sheet Pan Sausages with Broccoli, Chickpeas & Kale
I love a good sheet pan meal and this one right here is a great combination. We’ve got a lot of broccoli and kale coming out of the fields these days and I absolutely adore the texture of both of these veggies when they’re roasted. This meal is great because you can toss your veggies in a bit of the fat released from the sausages and the flavor is next level. The chickpeas were a nice addition and helped to make this a more substantial meal. Every bite was a nice balance of juicy meat, crispy kale, crunchy chickpeas and tender broccoli. Bonus, dishes are minimal because everything is prepared on the same pan! Win win. I hope you all enjoy this easy, breezy and tasty meal as much as we do!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm
Sheet Pan Sausages with Broccoli, Kale & Chickpeas
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 hot Italian sausage links (or any type of sausage you prefer)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (if from a can rinsed and drained)
- 4 garlic scapes, finely chopped (or garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 a bunch of kale, torn into bite size pieces (about 2 cups worth)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the sausage links on a baking sheet. In a bowl toss the broccoli and chickpeas with the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil until well coated. Spread the veggies out on the baking sheet with the broccoli. Place in the oven and bake until the broccoli begins to brown and the sausages are cooked, about 25 minutes. Flip the sausages and veggies halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl you tossed the broccoli and chickpeas with oil, add the kale and drizzle it with a bit more oil (you don't need a lot as you'll also use a bit of the grease from the sausages). Use your hands to massage the kale with the oil until it turns bright green and is tender.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven after about 25 minutes. Add the kale to the pan and toss it in the pan juices and nuzzle it between the veggies. Sprinkle the veggies with freshly grated parmesan cheese and place the pan back in the oven for about 5 minutes longer or until the cheese melts and the kale becomes slightly crisp.
- Serve the sausages with a side of mustard and enjoy!
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.
Looks delicious and beautiful, as usual! Finally joined two local CSAs this year, and I love getting my boxes each week and supporting local farmers (and cooking for so many meals especially now that kids have been sent home from college.) But I have to admit that I do all of this an imagine that you are my farmer and always check your recipes first!, because DUTD is the best! Thanks from a long-time fan. Also, congrats on your beautiful baby. Parenthood- wow, hard and challenge at every stage, but amazing. Take care of yourself!
This was delicious! Such an easy meal with a lot of hands off time to just relax before dinner is ready. We loved it, and the mustard was perfect addition to it.
So good to hear!
This looks great! I would love to print this with the food photo in lieu of the ad photos though.
Well this was absolutely delicious and so easy! Thanks