This vinaigrette is so darn delicious that I wouldn’t judge anyone for drinking it through a straw. And what better way to use up excess zucchini than to blend it up into a tasty dressing that you can drizzle on just about anything from leafy green salads to grain bowls and even used as a marinade or dip for meat and fish. This is my new go-to dressing for the remainder of the summer and I hope you all find it as tasty and versatile as we do. I first posted the recipe a few days ago with my melon and corn salad but I figured this dressing needs it’ own post so that it’s easier to search for down the line on the blog/google search.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 1 cup
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces (no need to peel) about 1 1/2 cups worth
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, white and pale green parts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (if you're sensitive to heat add half of the jalapeño pepper, making sure to remove all the seeds)
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in an upright blender and blending until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.