My Toddler’s Favorite Green Beans
First of all, thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my last post. This little community is truly wonderful and I cannot believe I’ve had this blog for over a decade! 10 years, one cross country move, two different farms, two cookbooks, and now two kiddos. Wow!!! Thank you for following along on this wild journey.
Now onto this recipe! If you are looking for ways to get your little one to enjoy some green beans I think I’ve got you covered. These green beans have been a favorite on our dinner table as of late and I hope you all like them as much as we do. With an abundance of green beans coming out of the fields here at the farm I’ve had to get creative with different ways of preparing them. My little girl has turned her nose up at some of my favorite methods but these simple beans have been a hit with her. The recipe could not be easier and it’s a great way to add some “green” to your toddlers plate. I simply steam my green beans until tender and while they are still hot I toss them in some ghee, onion and garlic powder, a little salt, smoked paprika and a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast. The end result is absolutely delicious. It’s almost as addicting as buttered popcorn! If you get a chance to snatch up some green beans at your local farmers market definitely try these. They’re obviously not just for toddlers, but since she’s my number one food critic these days I had to share this success story with you all! She eats these by the handful.
My Toddlers Favorite Green Beans
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- fat pinch of salt
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the beans and steam until crisp tender, about 5 minutes (test a bean before draining).
- Drain the beans and while still hot toss with the remainder of the ingredients. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed. (I like to up the garlic powder and smoked paprika a bit!)
- Serve warm.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary