Miso-Harissa Roasted Squash & Chickpea Salad
This salad has everything I love!!! It’s a wonderful balance of sweet and spicy and the textures are awesome. Slightly crunchy chickpeas, caramelized squash, crisp-tender radishes, and perfectly tender greens. We used curly endive for this salad but any salad greens of choice will be wonderful. I whipped up a big batch of tahini dressing last weekend and we tossed the salad in that. It was the perfect (yet random) marriage of flavors and ingredients.
I hope you all love this simple fall inspired salad as much as we do. The squash and chickpeas are addicting straight off the baking sheet! I had a hard time saving some for the actual salad!
Happy cooking everyone!
Miso Harissa Roasted Squash & Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4For the Roasted Squash & Chickpeas
- 1 pound delicata squash, seeds discarded or saved for another use and thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1 Tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons tahini
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water + more to thin as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce, frisèe or any salad green of your choosing
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced (or any radishes of your choosing)
- cooked and shredded chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the squash and chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet. With an immersion blender or regular blender mix together the rest of the ingredients. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed. Drizzle the squash and chickpeas with the sauce and mix well with your hands. Place in the oven and bake until the squash is tender and the chickpeas are sightly browned and crisp. About 30 minutes. Shake the pan and toss the squash halfway through cooking.
- Prepare the salad by making the dressing. With an immersion blender or regular blender mix together the garlic, tahini, vinegar, honey, cumin, oil and water. Season with salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed. If the dressing is too thick add more water.
- Toss together the salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle in about half of the dressing and use your hands or tongs to incorporate the dressing well.
- Divide the salad greens between bowls and top with the cooked squash, chickpeas, radishes and chicken. Drizzle with more dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.