Honey & Za’atar Roasted Cashews
Before I left for my road trip I whipped up a batch of these honey and za’atar roasted cashews so that I’d have something delicious to snack on while traveling. As luck would have it, I left my mason jar of nuts on the kitchen counter and had to relay on gas station trail mix instead. Taylor happily ate the batch while I was away and now we’re munching our way through batch number two. I love the combination of sweet honey, pungent za’atar and buttery cashews. I made my own za’atar blend following this recipe but feel free to use store bought here too!
I hope you all enjoy these delicious nuts as much as we do. They’re the perfect mid afternoon pick-me-up and taste equally good at happy hour with some buttery Chardonnay or a pint of your favorite beer. Dig in!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm
Honey & Za'atar Roasted Cashews
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons za'atar
- 2 cups unsalted raw cashews
- pinch of fine sea salt (many za'atar spice blends already have salt so add this just to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oil, honey and za'atar. Stir well. Add the cashews to the bowl and mix until evenly coated in the mixture.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and bake in the oven until lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the nuts cool. When cool enough to hand, use your hands to break the nuts apart (it's okay if some are left in clumps)
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary