Blueberry Honey & Thyme Cocktail
I wasn’t going to post these cocktails until next week but blueberry season is at its peak in our neck of the woods and I didn’t want to risk it being over for some of you. These are wonderful cocktails made with farm fresh ingredients and honey from a local beekeeper. Farm to glass is how we like to enjoy cocktail hour and I hope you all enjoy these tasty beverages too!
Blueberry Honey & Thyme Cocktails
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 pitcherBlueberry Honey Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cups vodka
- 3/4 cup blueberry simple syrup (recipe above)
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups soda water
- Frozen blueberries (they'll act like ice cubes!)
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Combine the blueberries, honey and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir a few times to dissolve the honey. Reduce heat to a low simmer and add the 4 thyme sprigs. Keep on low heat for about 12 minutes. Strain into a jar, pressing the blueberries with the back of a wooden spoon to get all the juice out.
- In a large pitcher combine the vodka, roughly 3/4 cup simple syrup (more or less depending on sweet preference), lemon juice and soda water. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go *Have fun in the kitchen