Turnip Noodles with Sausage & Kimchi-Miso Sauce
We’ve been on a big vegetable noodle kick here at the farm recently. We love these noodles so much that we’re actually going to be making and bagging our own to bring to the Hood River Farmers market from here on out! So if you live in the area and you don’t own a spiralizer we’ve got you covered. However, for everyone else, I love this little tool so much. We make noodles out of everything from turnips, zucchini, beets, carrots, parsnips, kohlrabi and sweet potatoes. You can go wild with all of your favorite pasta toppings or keep it simple with just a little oil, salt and vinegar and a bunch of fresh herbs. I love this recipe that I’m sharing today because it’s perfectly satisfying on a hot summer day. The kimchi-miso sauce is pungent and delicious and pairs so well with the turnip noodles, sausage, crushed peanuts and cilantro. I chose to keep my noodles raw for this because I love the slight crunch, however a quick sauté in a little oil would be nice too. I’ve made them both ways and enjoy them equally.
I hope you all enjoy these fresh noodle bowls as much as we do. And if you live in the area you can pick up most of your ingredients for these bowls at the Hood River Farmers market this Saturday. Everything from your veggies, kimchi and sausage. Happy cooking everyone!
Turnip Noodles with Kimchi-Miso Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4Kimchi Miso Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (add more for a bit more heat)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/4 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (more to thin as needed)
- 2 pork sausage links, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pound turnip noodles
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped peanuts
- cilantro for serving
- Prepare the sauce by combing all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Cook the pork sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Divide noodles between bowls and top with the sausage, peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle with sauce and enjoy.