Cherry, Hazelnut & Prosciutto Pizza with Basil & Ricotta
Before cherry season is over I hope you all get a chance to whip up this amazing pizza. Sweet, salty, spicy and nutty– this pie is pretty much every flavor combination I love. This pizza uses all of my favorite in-season Oregon ingredients and I am so happy about that! From the Oregon cherries, hazelnuts, cheese, prosciutto, honey and of course, Tumbleweed basil– this pizza really celebrates the flavors of our tiny corner of the world during my favorite season of the year. I hope you all enjoy this delicious pizza as much as we do. Pair with your favorite summertime drink, call over the neighbors and dig in!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm!
Cherry, Hazelnut & Proscuitto Pizza with Basil & Ricotta
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 ball of homemade or store bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- flour or cornmeal for rolling out the dough
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, roughly torn
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces, freshly grated mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- flaky sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500F and preheat a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out your pizza dough. Drizzle it with a little olive oil and then evenly scatter the torn prosciutto followed by dolloping the ricotta all over the surface of the pie. Add the cherries followed by the hazelnuts. Evenly scatter the mozzarella cheese and then place the pizza in the oven until the crust is browned and crisp and the cheese is bubbling. About 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and while it's still hot scatter the basil followed by a drizzle of honey, a hefty pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and then a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve hot!
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary