Dirty Chai Latte
This post is sponsored by Jameson Whiskey. All opinions are my own.
I’m a whiskey girl. I run cold and sometimes the only way to warm up on a winter night is with a little whiskey and a good television show. I mentioned last week that I made my Almond Thumbprint Cookies and a whiskey cocktail for a date night in while I watched the series finale of Parenthood. It was a rough night full of tears and I was so happy I had a plate of cookies and this cocktail to help cope with the end of an era. You Parenthood fans will totally get this! Anyhow, I’ve made this cocktail a few times since then (thanks to a lovely bottle of Jameson Whiskey) and Taylor and I are hooked.
If you’re in need of a little something to help take the edge off after a long day of work than you’ve come to the right place. This sweet, spicy and frothy drink will warm you from the inside out and help calm your mind. We recently enjoyed these after a day of farm chores as the sun was setting and the nip from the evening air settled in.
As far as alcoholic beverages go this is as “hippie” as a drink can get. I made my own almond milk, added a tablespoon of cashew butter (totally optional), dates for sweetness and organic loose leaf chai from Plum Deluxe. The result is nothing short of amazing and if you like ordering a dirty chai (chai with espresso) at the coffee shop I think you’ll love this adult version.
This drink is simple to whip up and tastes extra delicious when you enjoy it with someone you love. Grab a bottle of Jameson and head to the kitchen! Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm.
Dishing Up The Dirty Chai
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Serves: 5 minutes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted (more or less depending on sweet preference)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons loose leaf chai tea
- 1 Tablespoon cashew butter OR nut butter of choice (optional but adds a nice creaminess and depth of flavor)
- 1/2 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces Jameson Whiskey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Place the almond milk and dates in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once it starts to bubble (try not to let it boil) immediately remove from the heat. Add the chai and let steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the chai into a bowl and rinse off the dates (they'll likely have chai on them) Wipe out the sauce pan and set it aside.
- Place the milk and dates in a high speed with the cashew butter and vanilla extract. Blend on the highest setting until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the milk back into the sauce pan to warm up if need be.
- Pour 1 ounce of whiskey per cup and add the milk. Top with a pinch of ground cinnamon and serve.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide. *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.
I could do with one of these right now – I’ve never heard of a dirty chai, but it makes perfect sense! I’m a whiskey girl, too, I add to anything and everything! The dates and the cashew butter are pure genius…
I hope you try this Sue!
I’m a whiskey girl for sure. My boyfriend’s final move on our first date was to take me to one of my favourite places in our town and pull out a bottle of whiskey and some crystal glasses (smooth, I know) so that we could sip, and watch the stars.
Now, cuddled in our little cottage by the bay, this dirty chai is something we will both love sipping on at the end of a work day while we are binge watching West Wing. Thanks Andrea!
Love this little story! Cheers!
Holy WOW! I’m a whiskey girl too with a penchant for “hippy-fying” my cocktails 😉 Vodka and carrot juice anyone? This sounds awesome!
vodka and carrot juice? genius!!! Cheers!
Oh man, this looks wonderful. Yes, to whiskey. I’m a bourbon girl myself, but there’s no way I would pass this up. Pinned.
I hope you make this soon! cheers!
I just made this and it’s absolutely fantastic. I wish I had it to comfort me during the Parenthood finale. I may have to make some more and rewatch that final episode. Thanks so much for the recipe!
I’m so happy you made this! They really are my favorite winter drink. Cheers!