Cinnamon Date Lattes
Properly caffeinating ourselves in the morning is a must these days. And while I’m the first to admit that we can sometimes drink too much caffeine in the morning I’m not willing to give up our morning ritual. We usually drink our coffee black but a few times a week I’ll whip up something a little special. Between our Maple Cardamom Lattes and these Cinnamon Date Lattes we have two winners on our hands! These frothy beverages are sweetened with dates and are extra creamy from a batch of homemade almond milk and a scoop of almond butter. The addition of ground cinnamon and some freshly brewed coffee (no need for an espresso machine) and viola! Your morning coffee drink just got a whole lot better.
I hope you all enjoy these lattes as much as we do. Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm!
Cinnamon Date Latte
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (homemade preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 large Medjool date, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Strong black coffee for serving
- In a saucepan bring all the ingredients (minus the coffee) to a low boil. Remove from the heat and place in a high speed blender. Blend on the highest setting until smooth and creamy. Taste test the milk and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Pour anywhere between 1/4-1/2 cup coffee in each mug and top with the steamed milk.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary