avocado toast with soft boiled egg
My favorite time of the day is early morning. I wake up, pour myself a cup of coffee (thanks to Taylor for setting the automatic coffee timer the night before) take Henry for a short walk and then come home to look at the farm schedule we have laid out for the day.
The above photo is an example of our weekly seeding schedule. However, when we are not seeding or transplanting you will likely find us weeding, moving irrigation pipes, killing insects, cursing the weatherman, or crying.
The one thing that has proven to make our day better, no matter what the universe decides to throw at us, is beginning the day with a hearty breakfast.
I know we are not alone when it comes to the unknownness of the day that lies ahead. Everyone is entitled to a hearty breakfast. Whether you work in an office, take care of your children, care for your parents, help strangers, spend your days studying, or whatever you spend your days doing, you deserve a good hearty breakfast! I promise if you eat a breakfast like this you will feel unstoppable!
Avocado Toast With Soft Boiled Egg
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min Serves: 2
- 2 eggs (organic free range if possible)
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (Dave's Killer Bread for us)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- a large handful or two of arugula (organic if possible)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Toast bread
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a rapid simmer and gently lower eggs into the water. Cook for 5-7 minutes. 5 minutes for a runny yoke 7 minutes for a yoke that is barely set. Rinse eggs under cold water and carefully peel shell off. Slice in half lengthwise.
- In a bowl mash the avocado. Add onion, salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado mixture onto each slice of bread. Top with egg halves and arugula. Drizzle everything with a little olive oil and enjoy!
NotesAs always, taste test as you go and adjust measurements as needed.
Ooh this would be great for any meal of the day!
I’ve been so obsessed with avocados lately, and it’s one of the rare times when I happen to have eggs at home — this looks so tasty!
Avocado toast & eggs is my fave power breakfast, too! I never added red onions, though – going to have to try! Yum.
Lists? I LOVE lists! I bet it can be hard to stay organized with planting various veggies at various times. Your toasts look awesome! I love egg and avocado breakfast sandos and have never had a soft boiled egg, so my mouth is watering!
Early morning is my favorite time of day, too. And it would be even better with the addition of these toasts! Nothing beats avocado toast, and I love the egg and arugula!
I love starting my day with a big hearty breakfast and avocaco + eggs is one of my favourite combos!
I adore avocado toast, especially when an egg is involved!
Avocado toast is my absolute favorite thing to eat for breakfast! Add in some egg and it is even BETTER! 🙂
Looks just perfect 🙂 I also had soft boiled eggs tonight and that’s how I like them the most.