Miso Harissa Salmon & Veggie Salad
Our good buddy Dan has been one lucky fisherman this spring and has gifted us with a TON of fresh salmon. We’ve actually been getting so much from him that I’m starting to divide the fillets and freeze it so we can have salmon all summer long. This particular recipe includes a miso-harissa marinade out of my cookbook and I love how wonderful the flavors are with the salmon and veggies. A beautiful balance of sweet, umami and spicy. Everything gets cooked up on the grill for a simple, no fuss summertime meal.
I hope you all enjoy this dish as much as we do. Fire up the grill, crack open a bottle of your favorite wine and dig in!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm
Miso-Harissa Salmon & Veggie Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes (not including marinade time) Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4Miso Harissa Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- water to thin as needed
- 3 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced in half (greens saved for another use)
- 1 bunch of garlic scapes
- 1 bunch of broccolini, trimmed if need be
- Toasted Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together until smooth (this works best with an immersion blender or small food processor for the best consistency). Add anywhere between 1 and 3 tablespoons of water to thin as needed. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- In a shallow dish rub the salmon fillets with half of the marinade. Cover the dish with plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and oil the grill grates.
- Toss the veggies in a little olive oil and place them directly on the grill grates. Grill the veggies for about 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly charred on all sides. Remove from the heat and set aside. Place the salmon (skinless side down first) on the grill. Grill for about 5-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Place the salmon on a large plate and use a fork to "flake" or "break" into small pieces.
- Divid the grilled veggies and salmon between plates and drizzle with additional sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Cooking times will vary from grill to grill