Chimichurri is a popular Argentinian sauce used mainly as a condiment for grilled meats. The flavors are bold, fresh and downright delicious. This sauce doubles as a marinade and an accompaniment for all cuts of beef but I particularly love it drizzled over roasted cauliflower or potatoes for a simple vegetarian main course.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar, salt, garlic, shallot and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, parsley and oregano. Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until well combined.