I feel like we all could use a soul warming cocktail to brighten these dark (I mean really dark) evenings. Can you believe that the shortest day of the year hasn’t even happened yet? How depressing is that? Thankfully we’re almost there and things will hopefully start looking up but man, these extra long evenings are really starting to get old!
All I can say is thank god for these cocktails. They are full of festive flavors and are definitely a bright spot on a dark evening. They taste best when enjoyed with great friends, good food and Christmas music of course!
I hope wherever this holiday season finds you that you are able to slow down for an evening and clink glasses with people you love. Not even the sun can compete with that. Cheers!
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook Time: 0 mins. Serves: 6-8
- 1 apple, cut into thin wedges (no need to peel)
- 1 navel orange, cut into thin wedges (no need to peel)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Place the chopped fruit in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the cinnamon stick and stir in both liquors and the wine. Mix well and cover the sangria with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (the flavor enhances the longer it sits).
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the sparkling water. Pour into individual glass (be sure to add a few pieces of the fruit) and top with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide. *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. *Taste test as you go.