Summer Peach + Corn Kale Salad With Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette
Everything I love about the summer is found right here in this simple salad.
Fresh local peaches, corn straight from the cob and kale that is so tender I almost forget that lettuce salads are the norm.
I’m on a bit of a cumin-lime kick at the moment and I’ve been adding this simple vinaigrette to everything from black beans and rice to grilled summer squash and now this kale salad. I can’t seem to get enough!
Farm chores are intense at the moment and quick salads like this are saving us on these long hot days. I hope you all enjoy this kale salad as much as we do! Bon appétit!
Summer Peach + Corn Kale Salad with Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 mins. Serves: 4-6
- 1 very large bunch of kale, tough stems removed and cut into bite sized pieces (about 1 pound)
- 3 large peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (lightly toasted)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut from the cob (or frozen corn thawed)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin + more to taste
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients for the dressing together and process until smooth. This works best with an immersion blender or food processor. Taste test and adjust ingredients as necessary.
- In a large serving bowl massage the kale with half of the dressing. Toss in the corn, peaches, red onion, toasted walnuts, feta cheese and cilantro. Mix until well combined. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. *Always taste test as you go.