Spiced Cantaloupe & Honey Lassi
The cantaloupes at the farm only have a few more weeks of production so we’ve been eating them as often as we can. I love starting the morning off with our cantaloupe breakfast bowls but these lassi’s have definitely won our hearts over. If you aren’t familiar, a lassi is a traditional yogurt based drink from India. It’s usually a blend of yogurt, spices and sometimes fruit and sugar. In the fall/winter I love whipping up our chai-spiced pumpkin lassi which is a perfect morning treat on a chilly day. However, it’s still August and this cantaloupe lassi is winning the breakfast game at Tumbleweed Farm. It’s sweet, spicy (thanks to the cardamom) and perfect farmers fuel for a hot day in the fields. And hey, you don’t have to be a farmer to enjoy this simple beverage. It calls for very few ingredients but the flavor is so spot on that we simply can’t get enough. And while I despise harvesting cantaloups (back breaking work is an understatement) I’ll happily sacrifice a sore back for a few more weeks of melon season. This my friends is what the summer bounty is all about! This drink can be whipped up in no time if you cut and freeze your cantaloupe the night before.
Grab a straw and slurp up!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm.
Spiced Cantaloupe Lassi
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 2
- 2 cups frozen cubed cantaloupe
- 1 1/2 cups plain full fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup ice cubes
- pinch of saffron threads for garnish (optional)
- pinch of ground cardamom for garnish (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients (minus the saffron and additional cardamom) in a high speed blender and whirl away until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with saffron threads and additional cardamom.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go