Cauliflower Miso Dip
If you’re looking for a new dip to jazz up your favorite crackers or veggies I’ve got you covered! This dip is reminiscent of a silky smooth hummus and is bursting with flavor. Between the cauliflower, miso and tahini this is just what we needed as an afternoon pick-me-up. Taylor and I enjoyed this dip while we finished placing last minute seed orders which resulted in our decision to grow way more cauliflower this season! Our cauliflower did really well last fall but our spring planting in 2016 was a total bust. We’re crossing our fingers that this spring things will be different. And if so–we’ll be making WAY more of this dip. Not only is this good with crackers and veggies, but it tastes great smeared on a piece of toast with a fried egg on top. Perfect fuel to start the day!
I hope you all enjoy this dip as much as we do. Grab some veggies and get dipping!
Cauliflower Miso Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower, broken into florets (about 5-6 cups)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup tahini (Soom is the best brand because it's well stirred and has perfect consistency!)
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (optional)
- Minced cilantro for serving (about 1 -2 tablespoons)
- Toasted sesame seeds for serving (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook until they are fork tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and place the florets into a high speed blender or food processor. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, tahini, miso, vinegar, and coconut aminos (if using). Blend until the mixture is extremely smooth. If need be add a touch of water to thin until you reach your desired consistency. Taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary. Stir in the minced cilantro toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or spread on toast.
Notes*Store extra dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days *Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Always taste test as you go and adjust as you see fit