Cauliflower “Couscous” with Peas, Mint & Feta
Light, refreshing and delicious to boot, this is one of my favorite springtime meals at the moment. I’ve made cauliflower “couscous” in the past but I felt like it was due time for a new and improved recipe. I adore this version because of its bright spring flavors. And while cauliflower obviously isn’t true couscous, it really does resemble the actual texture of the grain. This is a great recipe to use if you have a giant head of cauliflower storing in your fridge and are in need of a simple weeknight dinner. The fresh flavors are a welcome change to our tastebuds and I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do. After a long day in the dirt–or at the office–or chasing your kiddos around– or doing whatever it is you need to do to get through the day, simple recipes like this are great to have on hand because they’re on the table in a flash. And because you’re not slaving away in the kitchen you’ll have an extra moment to crack open a beer and clink glasses with someone you love.
Cheers from a very busy Tumbleweed Farm!
Cauliflower Couscous with Peas, Mint & Feta
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup mint, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peas, blanched if fresh thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- thinly sliced radishes for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it resembles the consistency of couscous.
- Heat a small dry skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds and toast until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Shake the pan a few times while toasting.
- In a large bowl toss the cauliflower with the nuts and herbs. Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper flakes and drizzle in the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the peas, feta cheese and radishes, toss until evenly distributed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary