zucchini fritters with roasted tomatoes and cilantro-lime yogurt sauce
When life throws you more zucchini than you know what to do with, you should make fritters!
Did I forget to mention Tumbleweed Farm is currently overflowing with cherry tomatoes? Everyone is hooked on our farm candy!
My little nephew (who just so happens to be the love of my life) can’t get enough of our tomatoes. And hey, who can blame him?
Every farmer can use an extra hand, and this little guy is always up for the challenge! We pay him in cherry tomatoes. It works out pretty well.
These zucchini fritters with roasted tomatoes and tangy yogurt sauce are the best way to celebrate farm to table eating in August. Swing by your local farmers market and grab all of the goods you need to prepare this easy and tasty dish.
These fritters go exceptionally well with a homemade margarita. Pour yourself a glass and dig in!
Zucchini Fritters With Roasted Tomatoes And Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Sauce
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook Time: 30 mins. Serves: 2-4
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2-3 TBS olive oil
- 1 large egg, or two small eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-4 scallions, minced (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, tough stems removed and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, red, yellow, orange (or whatever colors you have!)
- For the Yogurt sauce
- 1 cup greek style plain yogurt
- 1/4 -1/2 cup cilantro, minced (use more or less cilantro depending on your taste preference.)
- juice from 1 lime
- zest from 1 lime
- pinch of ground cumin (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender. About 10-15 minutes (check often!)
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix until well combined. add lime zest and a pinch of ground cumin. Taste test and set aside.
- Using a box grater (or a food process with a grater) grate your zucchini. Place zucchini on paper towels to get rid of any excess water.
- In a large bowl combine zucchini, scallions, cilantro, egg, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop about two tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side. Or until lightly brown and crisp.
- Keep fritters warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve. This recipe makes about 6-8 fritters.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. Always taste test as you go.