tuesday happy hour
Spicy jalapeño margaritas on a Tuesday? Why the heck not!
Taylor just celebrated a birthday this past weekend. We took the day off from the farm to go for a hike, out to lunch and home early to enjoy a few cocktails on the porch. We have jalapeño peppers coming out of our ears at the farm right now and this cocktail was the perfect excuse to kick back and enjoy a few hours off the clock and away from farm chores.
I got the idea for these cocktails from the blog love and lemons. I am a huge fan of margaritas any time of the year, but these spicy jalapeño margaritas really hit the spot on a particularly chilly evening here. Nothing like spicy jalapeños and a little tequila to warm a girl up.
We are heading to a farmers market this afternoon but when we come home we are whipping up another batch of these margaritas! They tend to be pretty spicy so read the directions carefully. Grab some jalapeños at your local farmers market and drink up. Cheers.
Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: Fills one pitcher
- 3 cups plain tequila
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 1.5 cups fresh lime juice
- 1-2 TBS agave nectar (more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- Lime, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced into thin rounds
- Prepare the jalapeño tequila by combing 1 cup of tequila with the jalapeño pepper. Let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the jalapeños and pour the tequila into a small serving glass.
- Mix all the ingredients for the margaritas together. Add a small amount of the spicy tequila to taste into each glass. If you like it really spicy add more of the infused tequila. Garnish with lime and cilantro.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.