Honey Nut Granola Breakfast Bowls
We’ve been on a homemade granola kick recently and my two favorite granola recipes of the moment are my cardamom spice granola and this honey nut granola. Breakfast at the farm can easily slip into a scrambled eggs and toast situation (which we do love!) but having granola on hand and some good quality yogurt makes our mornings a little more exciting. One of the best things about homemade granola is how wonderful our entire house smells while it’s baking. There is something so comforting about a batch of granola in the oven and I honestly cannot get enough. It’s so simple to whip up a new batch every few days and not only does granola taste amazing with yogurt and fruit but we love it sprinkled on ice cream, by the handful and even sprinkled on top of peanut butter toast. There’s no wrong way to enjoy a batch of homemade granola and I hope you all love this recipe as much as we do. Pour a cup of coffee, grab a spoon and dig in!
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm.
Honey Nut Granola
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 7 1/2 cupsGranola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Full fat yogurt
- fresh or frozen fruit of choice
- chopped banana
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and spices.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the honey, vanilla and olive oil until the mixture is easily pourable. Don't bring the mixture to a boil, just a low heat! Pour the honey/oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well incorporated. Spread the granola onto two baking sheets and bake in the oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. During the last few minutes of baking remove the pans and stir in the chopped dates. Return the granola to the oven and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy the granola with yogurt, fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup or honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days *Have fun in the kitchen