beet pesto and kale pizza
I have a bit of a dilemma. It’s actually been eating me alive.
The truth is downy mildew is ruining my summer. It has arrived and is slowing wiping out all of our basil. The horror.
I have been picking basil like a mad women. I was out well after dark last night with Henry picking as much as I could. Our freezer is now jam-packed with basil. Thank god.
However, there is only so much “regular” pesto that Taylor and I can consume in one day. So tonight I decided to try my second favorite method. It involves my favorite vegetable.
And my favorite dog!
Tonight we made beet pesto. It really is AMAZING! If you have not tried it yet I highly recommend doing so right now.
You can find my recipe for beet pesto right here.
Once you whip up a batch of the pesto you should definitely make this pizza.
Beet Pesto and Kale Pizza
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins. Serves: 2-4
- 1 ball of pizza dough, (store bought or homemade)
- a healthy spread of beet pesto
- 2 cups curly kale, torn into bite size pieces
- crumbled goat cheese
- a handful of shredded parmesan cheese
- a handful of crushed walnuts
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out dough. Spread a healthy portion of beet pesto followed by some crumbled goat cheese. Layer on kale followed by some shredded parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking time remove pizza from oven and add crumble walnuts. Place back in the oven for the remainder of the time.
- Enjoy hot!
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and always taste test as you go.