Chocolate Tahini Smoothie Bowl
Happy Sunday! I want to continue with this weekend tradition and post our Sunday smoothie recipes with you all.
I love big hearty brunches on Saturdays (eggs, pancakes, whiskey chai lattes etc.) but Sundays are such a wonderful day of the week to enjoy lighter breakfasts and smoothies just so happen to fit the bill.
These puppies are packed with a few of my favorite things. Raw cocao, tahini, dates and plenty of spices. They’re thick, creamy and taste like indulgent treats. I love serving these with a cup of strong black coffee and sitting in the greenhouse gawking at the kale seedlings that are sprouting.
We’ve started our first round of greens at the farm and the greenhouses are filling up fast. I’ll post more details later this week.
I hope you all enjoy these tasty smoothies as much as we do. Grab a spoon and dig in!
Chocolate Tahini + Date Smoothie Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 2Smoothie
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (if they aren't supper soft pour boiling water on them to moisten them up)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- sesame seeds
- cacao nibs
- goji berries
- slivered almonds
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and whirl away on high until smooth and creamy. Taste test and adjust flavors if need be.
- Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
Notes*I cook with a taste and feel method. *Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. *I was inspired by a Tahini Date smoothie from the blog Cookie and Kate *Have fun in the kitchen