chilled cucumber soup with farm fresh herbs
What a day….We are all feeling a little bit like this right now.
I’m at a loss for words. Too much sun, too many weeds, and not to mention some irrigation problems will do that to a girl. Instead of chatting about our day at the farm I’m going to leave you all with this lovely chilled cucumber soup recipe.
Taylor and I went out on a formal date last Thursday to one of our favorite local restaurants here in Hood River (Nora’s Table). I ordered the chilled cucumber soup and LOVED it. This was my attempt at recreating my new favorite dish. If you are experiencing extreme heat like we are this is the perfect soup to cool you down. Grab a spoon, pour some wine and call it a night!
We enjoyed this tasty little number with some farm fresh salad as well. It was the perfect way to end and extremely hot day on the farm. Enjoy!
Chilled Cucumber Soup With Farm Fresh Herbs
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 0 mins. Serves: 2-4
- 2 large slicing cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 3 1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dill, stems removed and diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, thick stems removed and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- a small handful of ice cubes
- In a blender combine cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, parsley, ice cubes and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Keep soup chilled until ready to serve. If you use ice cubes it should be ready to eat right away.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide. Always taste test as you go. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.