My love affair with chickpeas is going pretty strong. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while you will likely notice I cook with chickpeas/garbanzo beans a lot. I love how versatile they are. Hummus? Yes please. In soups? Why not? Roasted with simple spices until they are perfectly crunchy? Seriously addicting!
It is still incredibly cold here. Our washer and dryer are completely frozen and we cannot clean our clothes. Taylor tried to cheer me up by saying “babe, this is country living at its finest. We can hand wash everything and it will be fun!” I immediately poured myself a glass of wine after processing what the next few months are going to look like.
On a lighter note, these roasted chickpeas have climbed the ladder and are my new favorite afternoon snack. I cannot wait until farm season picks back up and we can make bigger batches of these to have on hand out in the fields. Until then, I will eat this lovely snack straight out of my new favorite heart bowl! Isn’t it darling?
I hope wherever this post finds you, you are warm and cozy. Dig in!
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
SnacksA delicious and healthy snack
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas OR 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas. Drained, rinsed and completely patted dry. (Don’t skimp on patting them dry otherwise they won’t get very crispy!)
- 1 TBS grapeseed oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, oil, spices and salt. Mix well.
- Place chickpeas in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes (timing depends on your specific oven. These could be done in as little as 20 minutes.) Toss chickpeas every 10 minutes or so.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.