Roasted Polenta Rounds with Parsley Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
I don’t wear any jewelry except for my wedding ring. It’s a simple ring. A solid silver band. Not glamorous but absolutely perfect. I haven’t taken it off since the day Taylor first placed it on my finger.
My old farm manger at Hutchins Farm lost his wedding ring in the dirt many years ago. After he told me the story I remember making a mental note to always be aware if my ring was feeling loose on my finger.
Whelp, today my beloved wedding ring fell off in the fields. It vanished somewhere in the dirt probably hours before I even realized it was missing. A needle in the haystack would be an understatement. Six acres of dirt and not a clue of where the incident happened are killing me.
The loss of my wedding ring is not the end of the world. I know there are more important things to get worked up over. However, at this moment I feel totally crushed (and naked without it!) It may turn up. However, I’m pretty sure it’s a goner.
Life goes on with or without a wedding ring. I Just had to vent for a second.
Alright, onto something positive. Let’s chat food! These little polenta rounds are pretty darn delicious. They make the perfect appetizer and an even better main course when served with a side salad. We had a tube of the precooked polenta which makes prep super easy. These taste like mini pizzas! Feel free to add any pesto you prefer. We had parsley on hand so that’s why I chose this particular pesto. I’ve also been enjoying these with smashed avocado, sun dried tomatoes, and a little arugula. SO good! The possibilities are endless with roasted polenta rounds! To keep these vegan just omit the organic parmesan cheese or try my version with avocado instead. Enjoy.
Roasted Polenta Rounds with Parsley Pesto & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 10 polenta rounds
- 1 16 oz package cooked polenta log, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, (packed in oil) diced
- 1 TBS grapeseed oil (or oil of choice)
- Handful of organic parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup organic parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet with grapeseed oil. Use a little extra oil to lightly grease each polenta round. Place polenta rounds on baking sheet and roast in the oven until lightly browned. About 20 minutes. Flip rounds halfway through cooking time.
- While polenta cooks prepare your pesto. Place the walnuts and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add parsley and parmesan cheese. Slowly, with the motor still running add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Scoop a small spoonful of pesto onto each polenta rounds. Top with sun dried tomatoes and a sprinkle more of parmesan cheese. Feel free to place back in the oven for 1 minute for the cheese to melt. Enjoy!
Notes* I cook with a taste and feel method. The measurements are an approximation. Please use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.