You know it’s been a good week when I post TWO gingerbread recipes. We’ve actually been enjoying these for a couple of weeks now however, I’m just getting around to posting them. Oops! Better late than never.
Recently, Taylor and I have organized morning “meetings” where we’ve been discussing logistics of the 2015 farm season and let me tell you, it hasn’t all been sunshine and roses. It’s stressful talking about money, CSA accounts, compost, new farm equipment etc. However, it’s all stuff we need to iron out and it feels good to check it off the list. Obviously, stressful meetings call for tasty beverages to sweeten things up a bit. These lattes fit the bill and have been a welcome change to our usual cup of black coffee. These obviously taste best with a few gingerbread cookies dunked into the frothy milk!
I hope these lattes sweeten up your morning routine as well. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 5 mins. Serves: 2
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons molasses- more or less to taste
- 3/4 cup strong coffee (or 4 shots of espresso)
- Whipped Cream
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Bring the milk to a simmer on the stove stirring often. Don't let the milk boil!
- Whisk together the spices, maple syrup and molasses with the 3/4 cup coffee. Whisk well until the spices have dissolved.
- Divide the coffee mixture between two mugs and top with warmed milk. Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide. *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. *Taste test as you go.