Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas With Lemon-Dijon Dressing
Are you still living in black stretchy pants ever since Thanksgiving? Please tell me I’m not alone! After all of the heavy foods we’ve consumed over the past few weeks this roasted cauliflower dish was a nice and light meal to switch things up a bit. Honestly, cauliflower is one of my favorite things to grow (and eat!) Paired with roasted chickpeas and a light lemon dressing this meal was a home- run.
We are still doing a few chores around the farm but for the most part things are really quite. Our last big task was mulching all of the garlic, however, now that that is behind us we can relax a bit until we start gearing up for our big seed order and greenhouse work. I never thought I’d say this so early, but I miss the long hot days of the farm season. It’s going to be a loooong winter.
Thank god for delicious Oregon pinot noir and healthy meals like this to get through!
Cheers to taking off your stretchy pants and feeling like your old self again soon. Dig in.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Lemon-Dijon Dressing
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook Time: 30 mins. Serves: 2-4
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, diced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS grapeseed oil or other high heat oil for cooking
- 1 1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the chickpeas and cauliflower with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Evenly spread on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20-35 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides, tossing mixture halfway through.
- While veggies cook prepare you quinoa. Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until quinoa has absorbed the liquid and can easily be fluffed with a fork. About 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by combing all the ingredients and whisking until smooth.
- Combine the cauliflower and chickpeas with the quinoa. Drizzle with dressing and top with minced parsley.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.