True love happens when your husband offers to remove the tick that has engorged itself into your armpit after a day of farming.
True love happens when 90 percent of your kale patch has been eaten by birds but your husband still winks at you while you weed the remaining 10 percent that’s left. (Meanwhile, he’s planting 700 more kale plants to make sure there is still something to sell at market!)
True love happens when you feel like you have nothing left to give but your husband surprises you with an extra large cup of really strong coffee so you can carry on.
Taylor is my partner in crime. And while our chiropractor bills will probably end up being more money than what we make on our produce sales I would not change a thing. If we can eat like kings and queens for the rest of our lives a few aches and pains along the way is totally worth it.
Good, honest, and healthy food is our passion. I think the sleepless nights, coffee overdoses, and regular panic attacks will pay off in the end.
In the meantime, let’s enjoy this lovely dinner! If you are craving springtime like we are this is the perfect meal for you. The combination of roasted asparagus and chickpeas with soy-lemon vinaigrette is a match made in heaven. Dig in!
Roasted Asparagus with Chickpeas and Soy-Lemon Vinaigrette (serves 2)
1/2 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced into 1 inch chunks
1 (14.5 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 TBS olive oil
3 large shallots, sliced into chunks
1 cup cooked quinoa
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
For the dressing: This ended up being a lot of dressing. It should keep well in your fridge for up to a week.
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
1 TBS rice wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon -style mustard
1 clove of garlic, minced
ground pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a jar and set aside.
For the asparagus:
Preheat the oven to 375. Drizzle asparagus, chickpeas and shallots with 1 TBS olive oil. Spread on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes tossing veggies a few times during the cooking process. Veggies are done when lightly brown and tender.
Serve veggies over cooked quinoa and toss with soy-lemon vinaigrette and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!