potato pancakes with roasted carrot puree
Oh my god. These pancakes….
I know I say this a lot, but tonight’s dinner was amazing.
My loving husband always compliments my cooking. But tonight he went up and beyond by saying, “you stomped this meal.”
Translation (for my parents) the best meal in a while!
These pancakes would be tasty on their own, but the highlight of the meal was the roasted carrot puree. With every bite of pancake you got a sweet and savory bite of carrot puree. It was to die for!
We served our potato pancakes and carrot puree with a side of sautéed kale. Delicious!
On another note, we finally have broccoli, cauliflower, and kale planted into the ground!
Thanks Taylor and Mary!
The more plants we get outside the closer to harvest we get! I can’t wait.
In the meantime, you should make some potato pancakes with carrot puree. I’m just saying.
Potato Pancakes with Roasted Carrot Puree
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 large baking potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled
- 4 small scallions, diced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3-4 tsp fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor (or with a box grater) grate your potatoes and onions. Strain in a cheese cloth to remove excess moisture.
- Place potato mixture into a bowl. Add diced scallions and rosemary. Mix well. Add egg and bread crumbs. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Form patties, and cook in a large skillet with a little oil over medium heat. Cooke for 3-5 minutes per side.
- For the carrot puree:
- Roast 2 lbs of carrots with 6 cloves of garlic, 2 tsp of rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Once cooked add to a food processor with 1/4 cup veggie stock, dash of olive oil, and a small handful of parmesan cheese. Process until well combined.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and taste test as you go!