Curried Chickpea Salad Chard Wraps
I’m usually a collard green wrap kind of girl. Taylor is usually a corn tortilla kind of guy. If you can believe it, these swiss chard wraps are a game-changer. We both fought over the last one.
Our swiss chard is making its seasonal debut at Tumbleweed Farm and it’s been awesome adding this beautiful and nutritious green to our smoothies, salads, and now these delicious wraps.
The curried chickpea salad in these wraps was so good that I’ve already made a double batch. If you are in a pinch for time around lunch this is going to be your new go-to. These can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes and keep well for days. Who can beat that?
I hope you all enjoy this simple and nutritious lunch as much as we do. Cheers.
Curried Chickpea Salad Swiss Chard Wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned rinsed and drained)
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4-6 large swiss chard leaves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon curry powder (start with this amount and add more if you like the heat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the chard leaves by shaving down the thick stalk. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the curry sauce together and whisk until smooth. This works best with an immersion blender. Taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary. I added more curry powder!
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, celery, carrots, parsley, raisins and sunflower seeds. Stir in curry sauce and place an even amount of the salad on each swiss chard leaf and wrap up like a burrito. Enjoy!
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Always taste test as you go