Curried Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad With Yogurt
I love roasted cauliflower and usually keep things pretty simple with herbs, salt and pepper. However, it’s been pretty darn cold here at the farm and I’m finding myself craving spicier food. This salad is just the ticket to warming yourself up from the inside out. I wanted to serve this salad as a complete meal so I added a can of chickpeas to the mix for some protein. The chickpeas crisped up nicely with the cauliflower and were a welcome touch. This salad is well balance with spice from the veggies, a refreshing tang from the yogurt, and a touch of sweetness from some plump yellow raisins. I topped everything with some toasted pistachios for a little crunch and I’m so happy with how this salad turned out. It’s the perfect winter salad and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. The recipe calls for using goat milk yogurt only because that’s what we have on hand from our neighbor’s goats however, feel free to use cow’s milk yogurt or even dairy free yogurt if you’re vegan.
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm.
Curried Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad with Yogurt
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30-40 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- one 12-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup goat milk yogurt (or yogurt of choice, cows milk or vegan yogurt will work fine too)
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, oil, curry powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the cauliflower florets and chickpeas to the bowl and toss well. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven until well browned and tender. About 30 minutes. Toss the cauliflower and chickpeas halfway through cooking.
- Spread a thin layer of yogurt onto a platter and top with the roasted veggies. Add the pistachios, raisins, and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Cooking times will very from kitchen to kitchen