oatmeal pumpkin spice muffins (Vegan)
It was a rainy and miserable morning at the farm. Thank god for pumpkin season. Nothing cheers me up quite like pumpkin everything!
After a chilly morning spent in the mud and rain I was so happy to leave the farm early and come home to make a mid morning pick-me up. (Poor Taylor is taking one for the team and is finishing up the morning chores solo) However, I did promise him a hot breakfast so he was fine with it. Besides, I will be more productive at the farm later this afternoon once I have a belly full of delicious pumpkin spice muffins and a few hours to warm myself up!
After defrosting my freezing hands under hot water for about 10 minutes I got right to work in the kitchen. These muffins were a cinch to make. The best part is that they are naturally vegan and full of healthy super foods. Pumpkin, flaxseeds, sunflower butter, oats and lovely spices.
Pour a cup of hot tea and enjoy.
These baked oatmeal muffins are inspired by Erica over at Coffee And Quinoa
Oatmeal Pumpkin-Spice Muffins
Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 25 mins. Serves: 12 muffins
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (We made our own but you can buy canned pumpkin too!)
- 3 TBS sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 TBS ground flax seeds
- a few walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients for the muffins in a large bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or oil of choice.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin tin all the way to the top (these puppies wont rise!) top with a few crushed walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
NotesPlease use this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.