Roasted Potatoes with Romesco Sauce & Soft Boiled Egg
One of the things that I regret not sharing much of on the blog is our recipes for canning/freezing vegetables and sauces. It’s such an afterthought even though it’s something we do every fall to help preserve the harvest. My goal this coming summer/fall is to share more of our preserving tips and recipes to help you preserve the harvest as well!
Anyhow, we canned some roasted red peppers last fall and one of my favorite condiments in the world is romesco sauce. It’s a smokey sauce that has a lovely kick from garlic, roasted red peppers, smoked paprika and toasted almonds. It’s lovely added to pasta, smeared on a slice of toasted baguette, paired with meat or in this case, tossed with some roasted potatoes. There are many different recipes out there but I’m partial to the simplicity of our version. I hope you all enjoy these roasted potatoes as much as we do. Don’t skip the soft boiled egg–it’s the perfect addition and makes this filling enough to be a complete meal. We enjoyed these roasted potatoes with a few IPA’s while hanging out on the deck in the warm spring sunshine. We’re loving this spring weather here at the farm!
Cheers from Tumbleweed!
Roasted Potatoes with Romesco Sauce and Soft Boiled Egg
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4Romesco Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper (if from a jar drained)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parsely, minced
- soft boiled eggs for serving
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Place all the ingredients for the romesco sauce in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the potatoes with the oil, salt and pepper and roast until lightly browned and tender. About 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- While the potatoes roast soft boil your eggs by placing them in boiling water and cooking for about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl of ice water.
- Toss the roasted potatoes with the romesco sauce. To serve divide the potatoes between bowls and top with the soft boil egg, parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired.
Notes*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go *Have fun in the kitchen