balsamic glazed sweet potato pasta
Before I get to the sweet potatoes I wanted to fill you all in on our day. We actually set the alarm clock this morning (I know it’s Sunday) but we had work to do. We bundled up and headed down to a coffee shop in town. And that is where we proceeded to spend the next 4 hours picking out our seeds for the upcoming farm season.
Since we were the only ones there (I’m assuming everyone else sleeps in late on Sunday) we had unlimited access to the coffee urn. It was trouble! I was so hyped up on coffee that I had us ordering 40 different varieties of lettuce before Taylor so graciously intervened.
I really needed to calm down.
We are now down to 18 different varieties and I think that is where we will stay. We also picked out our tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers. We still have research that needs to be done on some of the newer varieties available, but we are happy with the work we accomplished. We will resume on Wednesday morning to pick out the rest of our goods. I think I will switch to green tea that day.
As always, we are excited and nervous about this whole endeavour. We know we wont be millionaires, but if we can successfully grow food for our community and ourselves I think we will be richer than we have ever been.
Alright, back to the pasta.
Balsamic Glazed Sweet Potato Pasta
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 min Serves: 4
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups spinach
- Salt, pepper, and parmesan shavings for topping
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Over medium heat add the olive oil to a large skillet. Once it's heated add the sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar. Cook stirring often for about 3-5 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are glazed with vinegar.
- Once pasta is cooked strain it. Add the pasta and spinach to the skillet with the potatoes and stir well. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
NotesUse this recipe as a guid and adjust measurements and seasonings to your liking.