delicata squash and kale salad with maple-tahini dressing
Thank you all for you sweet comments about our move! We couldn’t be more thrilled.
I originally wasn’t going to post this recipe. Taylor and I had just come in from a long day at BOTH farms (we are still harvesting from our old land through November), and all I wanted to do was keep my camera tucked away for the evening while we enjoyed a few glasses of wine and this lovely salad. However, after taking one bite of his salad Taylor looked at me and asked “have you already posted this recipe on the blog?” I hadn’t planned on posting this recipe. It’s only a kale salad after all. However, it occurred to me after my first bite that easy kale salads like this one deserve a little attention on the blog as well. Even if they don’t totally feel like a recipe. I whipped out my camera and took a few quick shots before we devoured our meals.
Our kale is looking bigger and healthier than ever at the farm. The cold weather has really brought out a wonderful and sweet flavor. Paired with our lovely delicata squash and this salad went straight to the top of my favorite weeknight salad rotation! Pour some wine and dig in!
Delicata Squash and Kale Salad with Maple-Tahini Dressing
Prep Time: 15 mins. Cook Time: 25 mins. Serves: 2
- 2 bunches of kale (about 6 cups worth)
- 1 delicata squash (seeds removed and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecand
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp white miso
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle the squash rounds with a little olive oil salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is lightly browned and fork tender.
- In a blender or with an immersion blender combine all ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
- Massage the dressing into the kale. Start by drizzling half the dressing first and add more as needed.
- Add the squash, pecans, cranberries to the kale and serve
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary.