roasted beet and goat cheese toast with dill and lemon
You have no idea how hard it is for me to develop recipes on this blog that do not highlight beets everyday. If I had it my way, every recipe would include my favorite root vegetable. However, since I don’t want the world to turn purple I try to strategically stagger my beet recipes so they don’t appear on here everyday!
Thank god we are finally harvesting my other favorite root vegetable. Hello carrots! You’re either going to turn purple or orange if you continue to read this blog.
The left side of our farmers market booth is looking pretty bright!
We planted this specific variety because I was worried we didn’t have enough purple produce!
If you are a beet lover this simple dish is easy to whip up. I highly recommend a glass of red wine just to keep up with the purple theme going on here!
Roasted Beet And Goat Cheese Toast
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Serves: 2
- 2 pieces of your favorite bread
- 2 beets, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 TBS fresh dill, mined
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine sliced beets with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender (make sure to check beets often to make sure they don't burn)
- While beets roast toast your bread in a toaster oven. (don't skip this part otherwise your bread will get a little soggy!)
- Combine beets, goat cheese, and dill on each slice of bread. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for 1 minute. Watch very closely to make sure nothing burns!
- Remove toast from oven and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on each slice.
NotesUse this recipe as a guide and adjust ingredients and measurements as needed.