As I write this post I can’t take the smile off of my face. I am literally giddy with pride.
I think I have just discovered the secret to life-long happiness. And it involves two of my favorite things.
Beets and basil are great friends. It just took me a while to realize it. Better late than never!
We made beet pesto crostini and topped the whole thing with a little goat cheese and chopped basil. Heavenly.
AppetizerBeets and basil are great friends. This recipe is a match made in heaven. Dig in!
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- 3 beets, cooked
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- handful of fresh parmesan cheese
- handful of toasted walnuts
- about 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and peppeper to taste
- Crusty bread
- Goat cheese
- Blend everything together in a food processor. Taste test and adjust seasonings.
- Slice up a baguette of bread. Spread pesto followed by goat cheese. Place in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Serve with a basil leaf on top of each slice of bread.